The Social Action Office of the Diocese of Cleveland seeks to shape a more caring society and a more peaceful world through justice education, advocacy, community development and organizing. Our work is based on the call of the Gospel to work for the respect and dignity of all human life, the elimination of poverty, to speak out against injustice, and to promote the common good. The office is composed of County-based social action offices, and office for the Catholic Campaign for Human Development and Catholic Relief Services which includes the Council on Global Solidarity.
NEWS & EVENTS
- Take Action: Sign the petition asking President Trump to honor the Paris Agreement, contributing to the Green Climate Fund, and implementing the Clean Power Plan
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland Responds to Executive Order on Halting U.S. Refugee Admissions
- Take Action Now! Let Lawmakers Know of Your Support for Immigrants and Refugees
- USCCB Chairmen Express Solidarity with Muslim Community, Deep Concern over Religious Freedom Issues in Response to Executive Order on Refugees
- President & Vice President of USCCB Stand in Defense of All Faiths in Response to Executive Order on Refugees
- Tell Governor Kasich to Not Resume Executions (OTSE)