The Human Resources and Legal Offices of the Diocese are collaborating on a presentation to the parishes regarding the new overtime regulations that will go into effect December 1. We will hold five presentations at various locations throughout the Diocese during the month of October. Upon completion of all the presentations, documentation of the presentation and the answers to any questions surfaced during the presentations will be sent out to all parishes and made available on the Diocesan website.
Under the new overtime rule promulgated by the Department of Labor, most employees must be paid overtime for any hours over 40 worked in a pay week unless they both (1) make over $913 per week and (2) meet one or more job duties tests. The new rule primarily updated the salary level needed for most employees to be eligible to become exempt from overtime requirements. Note that this change is not expected to affect teachers, clergy or religious. The presentation will discuss classification of employees, clarification of exempt versus non-exempt employees, duties and pay for ministers, and required record keeping.
- October 12 – St. Basil the Great, Brecksville 9:00 a.m. doors open, 9:30 a.m. start
- October 13 – Cathedral Square Plaza, Cleveland 9:00 a.m. doors open; 9:30 a.m. start
- October 14 – Center for Pastoral Leadership, Wickliffe 1:30 p.m. doors open; 2:00 p.m. start
- October 21 – St. Clarence, North Olmsted 9:00 a.m. doors open; 9:30 a.m. start
- October 26 – St. Mary, Hudson 2:00 p.m. doors open; 2:30 p.m. start
To register please contact Jen D’Amico at email@example.com or 216-696-6525 ext. 5420. For more information on the new regulations, go to www.dol.gov/whd or contact Donna Speagle at ext. 8760 or Mary Ann Blakeley at ext. 3930 in the Human Resources Office.
Post Source: October 2016 Diocesan Memorandum