Catholic Charities places the utmost importance on the safety of all our clients, staff, and volunteers. In response to the evolving events surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Catholic Charities has taken action to ensure that we are equipped to mitigate the spread while continuing to operate our programs. We have action plans in each of our locations that will guide us in case the virus spreads to one of our programs.
As of right now all of Catholic Charities programs are operating. KEEP your volunteer commitments! If our programs request a change, we will notify you.
Public health authorities are learning more about Coronavirus Disease/COVID-19 every day. We, like you, will continue to follow the direction and guidance of our local health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In the meantime, we are following CDC hygiene instructions to help prevent the spread of disease as we hope you are too:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissue when coughing or sneezing; use nearest waste receptacle to dispose of the tissue after use.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: Many of our clients struggle with health issues and/or do not have access to reliable health care. If you have been ill recently and you need to cancel your shift, please contact us.