Celebrate Laudato Si’s 3rd Anniversary: Season of Creation
At a celebration for the third anniversary of Laudato Si’, Pope Francis encouraged us to take action this September. He said that the Day of Prayer for Creation, which kicks off the Season of Creation, “and its associated initiatives . . . are beginning to spread among Christian communities throughout the world.”
The Season of Creation is a worldwide celebration of prayer and action for our common home. It runs from September 1 to October 4, 2018.
A wealth of resources, including 10 event suggestions, an event host checklist, and much more, is on the Season of Creation website.
Celebrate Laudato Si’s 2nd anniversary, share your own care for God’s creation inspiring story!
- How has Laudato Si’ inspired you/your family to care for God’s creation and the poor?
- How has Laudato Si’ inspired your parish/school to care for God’s creation and the poor?
- What new plans/projects do you (or your family, parish, or school) have this summer, or in the next year, to live Laudato Si’s call to care for God’s creation and the poor?
- “I (heart) Laudato Si’” photo campaign: Take a selfie with a sheet of paper reading “I (heart) Laudato Si’” with your parish or school name included and send to: Jeff Campbell, Diocesan Social Action Office, at email@example.com (NOTE: Youth 18 or under must have their parents’ or guardian’s permission to submit a photo, and must identify being 18 or under in their email. Otherwise, photos containing minors only and no parent/guardian cannot be used.)
Some inspiring-story examples:
- Holy Family Parish (Stow), St. Christopher Parish (Rocky River), and the Dominican Associates of Akron hosted excellent Feast of St. Francis programs this past Fall.
- St. Mary Parish (Painesville), St. Christopher (Rocky River) and several other parishes hosted Laudato Si’ book discussion groups and discerned ways that individual parishioners and the parish can faithfully respond.