Early childhood education is crucial in providing the foundation toward lifelong learning. The Catholic Charities Early Learning program provides a high-quality, comprehensive approach for both children and families that includes early learning education, professional development, family engagement, health and nutrition, and mental health and disabilities services. Centers are licensed through the Department of Jobs and Family Services and are 5-Star Highly-Rated by the State of Ohio’s Step Up to Quality program. All Cleveland locations are PRE4CLE and UPK. We also have Head Start, Early Head Start, and ECE services at various locations.
Our program features Creative Curriculum where children learn through play while providing active learning experiences that include developmentally appropriate activities to help children academically succeed, become independent, develop self-control and resilience, and attain their full potential.
- A comprehensive, research-based curriculum that encompasses learning objectives including social-emotional, language, literacy, physical, cognitive, mathematics, science and technology, social studies, the arts, and English language acquisition.
- Promotes high quality early learning education at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Aligned with state early learning guidelines and the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework.
- Enables teachers to see children’s development and learning along a progression from birth through 3rd
- Builds bridges between home and school by developing partnerships that encourage family engagement by providing family-focused resources.
Catholic Charities Early Learning Program teaching staff are passionate, dedicated individuals that provide comprehensive services to both children and families while collaborating with community advocates. Our teachers are highly qualified and possess degrees or credentials and receive ongoing professional development.
Our program partners with many community organizations that provide additional education programming at various locations. These partnerships enhance a positive belief that early childhood education is essential to preparing children for school readiness and lifelong learning.
- Great Lakes Science Center
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
- Beck Center