Availability: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 5:00pm
Fees: Passport/Medicaid, Veteran's Administration, Ohio Home Care, IO Waiver, Level 1 Waiver, Ohio Home Care Waiver, private pay options, and other local funds accepted. Call for details.
** Due to COVID-19, our Adult Day Services will be closed until further notice. **
Serving people of all faiths, ages and ethnicities
Download our brochure:
Experience that keeps getting better
Summit Adult Day Services, in operation since 1977, is the first of its kind in the Akron area. For nearly 40 years, our program continues to evolve, grow and change to best meet the needs of older adults. We are a free-standing facility, not attached or affiliated with a nursing home. Our purpose is to help keep older adults independent, social, and in their homes.
Custom Care Groups that meet individual needs
We know that each individual situation can be dramatically different from that of other participants. That’s why, Summit Adult Day Services offers four custom care groups designed to improve independence and socialization through activities that strengthen physical and mental functioning. Our groups accommodate all levels of function from alert and highly functional participants to those in the advanced stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
Caring, Compassionate Staff that knows each participant
The staff at Summit Adult Day Services is committed to providing the highest level of care for your loved one, while treating everyone with dignity and respect. With a 1-6 staff to participant ratio, the caregivers are able to know your loved one personally and provide the assistance he or she may need. An on-site Licensed Social Worker maintains an on-going team approach to communicate with nurses, activity staff and caregivers.
There’s something for everyone at Summit Adult Day Services. Our Director of Nursing and Activities Director keep a full schedule of alternatives for our participants. We’re confident you’ll enjoy your daily visits, while receiving the appropriate level of nursing services if needed.
Physical and Social Well-Being
- Nursing Services based on individualized health plans Includes: Daily health monitoring, blood pressure screening, medication administration, continence care, health education, and.experience to address changing needs.
- Nutritious meals and snacks prepared by our own on-site chef and monitored by a Licensed Dietitian.
- Daily exercise programs including a comprehensive, medically approved geriatric strength training and fitness program that builds bone density and muscle mass.
- Numerous games and activities that utilize motor skills, word association, hand to eye coordination, dexterity and self expression.
- Community outings and various entertainment venues engage our participants in the joy of living.
Improving Mental and Spiritual Health
- Discussion on current and historical events to promote reminiscence.
- Quiet library area with rotating books from the Akron Public Library.
- Beauty and barber services to keep you looking and feeling good.
- Daily morning devotions and non-denominational commemorative and seasonal prayer services to enrich spiritual connections.