Availability: Mondays and Thursdays 9am to 12pm
Fees: This program has no fees.
For Orientation, kindly call:
Job seeker’s receive industry specific trainings and instruction on the expectations of employers and co-workers in the work environment. Specific emphasis is placed on proper attitudes, commitment to excellence and the development of effective work habits. Accordingly, they will become aware of employer’s assumptions regarding reliability, responsibility, promptness and cleanliness. By participating in workshop training job seeker’s will gain a number of new skills that are essential to successful work performance:
- Workforce Preparation Skills
- Communication Skills Exercises
- Interpersonal Skills
- Career Advancement Strategies
- Short term computer skills
- Life Management Skills
- Job Readiness: Participants learn strategies for finding a job that is good fit for their skills, abilities, and financial needs.
- Interview Skills: Participants learn skills to prepare for a successful interview.
- Customer Services: Participants learn about customer service and its importance.
- Active Listening: Participants learn about active listening and apply the skills to work in daily life.
- Workplace Etiquette: participants learn about workplace etiquette and the appropriate use of social media.
- Time Management: Participant learn about time management identify organizational skills that may be applied to work and life.
- Coping with Stress: Participants learn to identify stress and strategies for coping with stress.
- Problem Solving and Conflict Resolving: Participant Slayer techniques for solving problems constructively that to resolve conflicts effectively.
- Financial Literacy: Participants learn the importance of being able to manage money and the impact it has on quality of life.
- Critical Thinking: participants learn the standards of critical thinking to help with decision-making.
The Job Readiness Training has been developed to enhance fundamental workplace and thinking skills. In addition, create and develop a professional profile (resume, cover letters and reference letters) designed to help secure the interview for the job you are looking for.
Understand the important of personal qualities that are critical for advancement in all career areas: responsibility; self-esteem; sociability; integrity/honesty; professional work attitude, work habits; and flexibility.
For more information, kindly call:
216.426.9870 ex 24
We asked our students what they learned from this training, this is what we get: