Availability: Our office is open Monday - Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Fees: There are no fees for this program.
MRS assists eligible refugees in navigating the American healthcare system. With the support of the case management team and a full-time healthcare navigator, refugees receive necessary health services and treatment, as well as education on the U.S. healthcare system and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Healthcare-related support includes:
- Scheduling and transportation to initial health screening
- Scheduling follow-up and future medical appointments, including vision and dental care
- Correspondence with healthcare providers
- Instruction on how to use public transportation to access local healthcare facilities
- Education on pharmacy procedures and understanding prescription medications
- Education on medical insurance and other financial assistance options
- Identifying mental health concerns and making referrals
- Weekly “Tea with a Nurse” walk-in hours to answer confidential health-related questions
- Bi-weekly healthcare seminars taught by healthcare professionals
- Quarterly onsite nutrition classes
MRS’s comprehensive healthcare programming aims to strengthen the long-term health and self-sufficiency of all eligible refugees, by providing initial services and preventative education to help identify health needs and prepare refugees to handle future health issues that may arise.