The Office for Human Life for the Diocese of Cleveland is an office within Catholic Charities. The Bishop has asked Catholic Charities to assist him with building the Culture of Life within diocese. The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and their Pastoral Plan for Pro Life Activities guide this office and its responsibilities.
In adherence to this plan, our approach is grounded in the consistent life ethic. We seek to educate, minister, train and serve the community in upholding the sanctity of life, always faithful to the fullness of the Church teaching.
- Consultation and Collaboration with parishes and pro life groups
- Training and Education of youth through adulthood
- Resource center for Church teachings on sanctity of life issues
- Referral for networking, counseling, planning and program development
- Ministerial assistance to lay and clerical faithful in the diocese
Criteria and fees:
- Direct consultation with pastoral and administrative staff members prior to on-site visitation.
- Adherence to the consistent ethic of life approach in understanding the issues within the life spectrum.
- All monetary donations are welcome and directly fund the Office.
Who We Are
Director, Peggy Gerovac
I became the Director of Pro Life in August of 2004. My work in ministry began as a parish volunteer. I held several roles including liturgical, administrative, spiritual, and social service in this volunteer capacity. Professionally, I worked in the banking industry for fifteen years prior to committing to full time ministry. In 2001, I received a Master of Art in Ministry from Ursuline College in Pepper Pike, Ohio.
Prior to joining Catholic Charities, I was a pastoral minister at St. Augustine Church in the Tremont area of Cleveland. St. Augustine Church is also the Center for Disability Ministry for the Diocese of Cleveland (another office of Catholic Charities) and home of the St. Augustine Hunger Center. In my role as pastoral minister, I worked for the dignity of life of poor and disabled persons in direct ministry role. I was also very involved in the liturgical life and adult faith formation of the parish.
Even though I am the only person working directly for the Pro Life Office, I am part of a larger office within Catholic Charities called Parish and Community Ministries. Pro Life has the wonderful assistance and support of all the parish ministries supported by Catholic Charities like Youth & Young Adult Ministry and CYO, Marriage and Family and Disability Ministry and Services.
Jennell Muscatello is the part-time administrative assistant for the Office.
Finally, “Who We Are” includes all the wonderful and supportive people in the diocese who work in collaboration to promote life and bring about the Kingdom of God where all life is valued.