Marriage preparation Pre-Cana Days are offered at several parishes and retreat centers for engaged couples who are marrying for the first time.
- Contact your parish first, as they may not have advertised their Pre-Cana event with us.
- We advertise Pre-Canas for all diocesan parishes by request. If a parish’s event is not listed here it is because they have not requested for us to advertise their Pre-Cana.
- Register by contacting the parish or retreat center directly.
- The cost per couple covers meals, and mass attendance is usually included at the Pre-Cana.
- Most Pre-Cana Days happen between February and early May, although parishes and retreat centers may schedule them any time during the year.
Three other retreat options can fulfill the Pre-Cana requirement for couples in the Diocese of Cleveland:
Engaged Encounter is a comprehensive weekend of marriage preparation.
PREP is appropriate for all couples and uses the Prepare-Enrich evaluation.
Cana II is marriage preparation for couples in which one or both have been married before, and/or will be forming a stepfamily.