The Diocesan Social Action Office and its Care for God’s Creation Working Group, with co-sponsors John Carroll University, Ursuline College, the Conference of Religious Leadership (CORL), and others, are hosting the diocese’s first ever Laudato Si’ and Integral Ecology Conference to explore the encyclical’s vision for parish outreach, life ministries, school curriculums, faith formation, lifestyles and the poor! Jeff Campbell, Director of the Catholic Commission of Wayne, Ashland, Medina and Diocesan Rural Life Outreach, commented this will be an inspiring and informative event to learn about the interconnected vision of Laudato Si’ and integral ecology, “so as to hear both the cry of the earth and the cry of the poor” (#49).
COST: $ 20 (before Sept. 14; $25 after); Students are free
Register at Eventbrite
Sustainable lunch and refreshments included
For teachers / catechists: Contact hours offered for License Renewal and Religion Certification Renewal
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Dr. Vincent J. Miller, PhD, Gudorf Chair in Catholic Theology and Culture, University of Dayton.
- Dan Misleh, Executive Director, Catholic Climate Covenant
- Leanne Jablonski FMI, PhD, University of Dayton
- Barbara O’Donnell HM, MA, Villa Maria Ed. & Spirituality Ctr.
OTHER CONFERENCE FEATURES:
- Resources: to implement Laudato Si’ in parishes, schools, locally
- Workshops: Parish/School Formation; Water; Climate Change; Global Poverty, Migration and Climate; Teaching Curriculum
- Laudato Si’s contributions: to respect life, local ecology, global development, parish outreach, student formation, and more!
September 29, 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Go to Large Map