Each year, many parishes and schools host CYO sanctioned tournaments or competitions as a way to raise funds for their programs. There are over 60 events yearly. If you need help or have any questions regarding sanctioned events, contact Martha Huber.
As you prepare to host a sanctioned event, please refer to the Sanctioned Event Policies [tab] and be familiar with Bylaws 4, 5, 9, and 10 regarding the following:
- Event schedules must comply with the participation rules 4-2-2; and competition limitations. 4-3-1 and 4-4
- Only CYO Member teams are eligible to compete in Sanctioned Events. Bylaw 4-3-1F
- Guest players cannot be used. 5-3-2C7
- Officials assigned must meet CYO requirements Bylaw 9-1-2 and 9-2.
- Any ejections of players, coaches or spectators that occur at a Sanctioned Event must be reported on the Incident Report Form link within 24 hours and adhere to CYO Code of Conduct. Bylaw 10-1-5B
- Member must have attended Membership Conference to be eligible to sponsor a Sanctioned event during that athletic year.
- Submit the Sanctioned Event Application, along with the $50 fee to the CYO Office, 795 Russell Ave., Akron, OH 44307 no fewer than 10 days before the start of the event. Once the application is approved, you will receive notification in the mail.
- Prior to the start of the event, provide the list of participating teams [by coach] and either a tournament link or a copy of the schedule.
- Within 10 days of the end of the event, submit the Sanctioned Event Completion Report to the CYO Office, either electronically firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail: 795 Russell Ave., Akron, OH 44307. The completed report must be returned with a copy of the event brackets/results.
CYO inspires young people to know God, to love God, and to serve God through athletics. CYO provides an opportunity for as many eligible young people as possible to experience spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional growth through participation in CYO sports.