FALL IMPORTANT DATES
- July 1 Registration opens
- July 10 New Athletic Director Orientation
- July 11 Coaches Development Program
- July 20-21 Dick’s Sporting Goods CYO Shop Day
- July 24 Fall season begins, practice may begin
- July 25 Coaches Development Program
- July 13- August 3 Fall sports coaches/players clinics
- July 31 Early registration period ends
- July 30-August 1 Mandatory fall sports coaches meetings – all sports
- August 2 Regular registration period ends
- August 4 Late registration period ends
- Volleyball scorer/tracker trainings
- August 5 Last date to enter blackouts
- Team fee payments & Team Confirmation Form due
- August 7 Fall site director meeting
- August 8 Coaches Development Program
- August 9 Cross Country roster submission deadline
- August 10 Tackle Football weigh-in
- August 11 Volleyball scorer/tracker trainings
- August 13 Fall site director meeting
- August 16 Fall sports schedules available on CYO website
- Last day to drop cross country athletes for refund
- August 17 Coaches Development Program
- August 18 Volleyball scorer/tracker trainings
- August 21 Fall site director meeting
- August 23 Deadline to register players & coaches on rosters online
- August 24 Fall sports regular season competition begins
- September 6 Last day to add to the roster to meet minimum number
- September 14-15 Parents’ day at the games
- September 22 Team Mass Sunday
- Oct 12 – Nov. 3 Diocese of Cleveland CYO Championship Tournaments
- November 3 Fall season ends
Athletic Directors, download the 2019 Fall Team Registration packet of information below:
Eligibility Request Forms (ERF)
- Athletes from another member parish/school need meet the eligibility requirements of By-law 3 and have an approved ERF to participate on your team. Visit our Eligibility Center page for ERF forms and information.
- Athletes submitted on an ERF may NOT participate in a practice or game without an approval of CYO. Work on the premise that ERF’s are not automatically approved.
- It is the responsibility of the member Athletic Director to submit completed forms by the deadline date. Remember to work on the premise that ERF’s are not automatically approved.
Appointing and Training Coaches
- Appointing a qualified and age appropriate teacher for your teams is a vital responsibility for every member Athletic Director. Remember the coach can touch the young lives of their players in a positive and negative way. Please be responsible when making these choices.
- Each head coach is expected to attend a preseason coach’s meeting. Inform them of the date, time, and location of the meetings. Coaches may attend any of the meetings. Updated rules and policies will be presented at the meeting. In addition, season stickers will be distributed and your coaches won’t want to miss the Pedagogy session!
- A coach may only be the head coach of one team per season.
- Visit the Coaches Development Program page to review the requirements to be a CYO Coach. When appointing your coaches, all head and assistant coaches must have credentials in order to coach and must meet the age requirement as outlined in the Charter & Bylaws.
Members that manually register their teams in SportsPilot only use the link below to access the on-line registration window. Sync members must register through their sync portal URL link that SportsPilot sent you when your sync database was created.
All members must sign in using your CYO assigned member athletic director username (i. e. Joe Smith AD2020) in order to register your teams, coaches and athletes. This is done so you do not overwrite your member athletic director record. Simply find the program you wish to register and its division and submit your information. Reference the Team Registration Help Tab for Non-Sync and Sync member step-by-step instructions.
- To complete the “Team Strength” when registering 7th and 8th grade teams. A is the highest, B is average and C is the lowest.
- To include the Number of Players by Grade. This helps us to place your team in the correct conference. Please remember to fill out the number of athletes by grade. For grades 1-3 or high school, list this information in the notes section (i.e. 9th grade – 6 athletes, 3rd grade – 10 athletes).
- To enter the dates a team cannot play by the season entry deadline. The “Team Blackout” dates must be entered electronically in Sportspilot in the team profile by this season deadline date. Remember team blackout dates may not be honored during the playoffs.
- If you “Sync” your teams, please do not wait until the last minute to complete team registration, and be careful that your team name is in the approved CYO format. Do not type data in capital letters in SportsPilot.
- When adding athletes, give special attention to physical exam dates that may expire during the season. Exams are valid for 13 months from the date of the exam, please make sure athletes always have a current physical.
SportsPilot Registration Help
It is very important the you enter your teams properly into the SportsPilot registration software. If you need help registering your teams, reference the documents below, or call 216.334.1261 ext 14.
SportsPilot Non Sync Manual Members
- Non Sync manual parish/school members go through the CYO website SportsPilot online registration link: https://reg.sportspilot.com/100141/login
- They use their CYO assigned Athletic Director username and password to access the SportsPilot oline registration software.
- They manually create their team registrations and rosters in their parish/school database back office.
This document for members that do not sync contains a “screen shot” presentation of the complete entry process, including how to register your teams, add coaches and athletes, where to enter team blackout dates, print team rosters and invoices, as well as other important registration information.
SportsPilot Sync Members
- Sync member parish/schools contract directly with SportsPilot, phone: 844-375-2648.
- They have online parent registration.
- They create their teams in their back office database with their SportsPilot username and password.
- They access their parish database sync portal and set up team registration to sync and download data to the CYO Athletic Office.
This document for members that sync contains a “screen shot” presentation of the complete entry process, including how to register your teams, add coaches and athletes, where to enter team blackout dates, print team rosters and invoices, as well as other important registration information.