- 2020 WINTER SEASON IMPORTANT DATES
- October 1 Winter sports season registration opens
- October 12-13 Dick’s Sporting Goods CYO Shop Days
- October 25 Winter season opens; grade school and high school practices may begin
- Nov. 10 Winter sport coaches clinics
- October 28-30 Mandatory winter sports coaches meetings
- October 30 Grade school winter sports early registration ends Fees must be in CYO office to receive discount
- November 1 Grade school winter sports season regular registration ends
- November 3 Grade school winter sports late registration ends
- November 4 Grade school team fees and Fee Summary Form due
- November 4 Last date to enter grade school teams’ blackouts
- November 6 High School winter sports early registration ends Fee must be in CYO office to receive discount
- November 8 High school winter sports regular registration ends
- November 10 High school winter sports late registration ends
- November 10 Last date to enter high school teams’ blackouts
- November 10-24 Winter Scorer/Timer Trainings
- November 12 High school team fees and Fee Summary Forms DUE
- November 14 Penalty assessed for team fees not received in CYO office.
- November 19-Dec. 2 Winter Site Director meetings
- November 27 Grade school winter sports schedules available on CYO website
- November 30 Grade school winter sports Eligibility Request Form final deadline
- December 3 Coaches Development Program
- December 4 High school winter sports schedules available on CYO website
- December 6 Deadline to register online grade school athletes and coaches to rosters
- December 7 Winter sports regular season grade school competition begins
- December 13 Deadline to register online high school athletes and coaches to rosters
- December 14 Winter sports regular season high school sports competition begins
- December 20 Last day to add to grade school rosters to meet minimum number
- December 24-Jan 3 No regular season games scheduled
- January 3 Last day to add to high school rosters to meet minimum number
- January 11-12 Parents’ Day at the games
- January 19 Team Mass Sunday
- February 8-March 1 Diocese of Cleveland CYO Winter Championship Tournaments
- February 29 Cheer Competition
- March 1 Winter sports season ends
- March 7-9 Ohio State CYO Boys and Girls High School Basketball Tournament in Canton
Member Athletic Directors download the 2019-20 Winter Team Registration Packet below:
Eligibility Request Forms (ERF)
- Athletes from another member parish/school need to meet the eligibility requirements of By-law 3 and if applicable have an approved ERF to participate on your team. Visit our Eligibility Center page for ERF forms and information.
- Athletes submitted on an ERF may NOT participate in a practice or game without an approval of CYO. Work on the premise that ERF’s are not automatically approved.
- It is the responsibility of the member Athletic Director to submit completed forms by the deadline date. Remember to work on the premise that ERF’s are not automatically approved.
Appointing and Training Coaches
- Appointing a qualified and age appropriate teacher for your teams is a vital responsibility for every member Athletic Director. Remember the coach can touch the young lives of their players in a positive and negative way. Please be responsible when making these choices.
- Each head coach is expected to attend a preseason coach’s meeting. Inform them of the date, time, and location of the meetings. Coaches may attend any of the meetings. Updated rules and policies will be presented at the meeting.
- A coach may only be the head coach of one team per season.
- Visit the Coaches Development Program page to review session dates and locations to get CYO certified. Visit the Requirements To Coach In CYO page for the requirements you need to complete to be a CYO Coach. When appointing your coaches, all head and assistant coaches must have credentials in order to coach and must meet the age requirement as outlined in the Charter & Bylaws.
Members that manually register their teams in SportsPilot only use the link below to access the on-line registration window. Sync members must register through their sync portal URL link that SportsPilot sent you when your sync database was created.
All members must sign in using your CYO assigned member athletic director username (i. e. Joe Smith AD2020) in order to register your teams, coaches and athletes. This is done so you do not overwrite your member athletic director record. Simply find the program you wish to register and its division and submit your information. Reference the Team Registration Help Tab for Non-Sync and Sync member step-by-step instructions.
- To submit the CYO Fee Summary Form (print out in SportsPilot) with your check payment by the published deadline date.
- To complete the “Team Strength” when registering 7th and 8th grade teams (except for basketball). A is the highest, B is average and C is the lowest.
- To include the Number of Players by Grade. This helps us to place your team in the correct conference. Please remember to fill out the number of athletes by grade. For grades 1-3 or high school, list this information in the notes section (i.e. 9th grade – 6 athletes, 3rd grade – 10 athletes).
- To enter the dates a team cannot play by the season entry deadline. The “Team Blackout” dates must be entered electronically in Sportspilot in the team profile by this season deadline date. Remember team blackout dates may not be honored during the playoffs.
- If you “Sync” your teams, please do not wait until the last minute to complete team registration, and be careful that your team name is in the approved CYO format. Do not type data in capital letters in SportsPilot.
- When adding athletes, give special attention to physical exam dates that may expire during the season. Exams are valid for 13 months from the date of the exam, please make sure athletes always have a current physical.
SportsPilot Registration Help
It is very important the you enter your teams properly into the SportsPilot registration software. If you need help registering your teams, reference the documents below, or call 216.334.1261 ext 14.
SportsPilot Non Sync Manual Members
- Non Sync manual parish/school members go through the CYO website SportsPilot online registration link: https://reg.sportspilot.com/100141/login
- They use their CYO assigned Athletic Director username and password to access the SportsPilot oline registration software.
- They manually create their team registrations and rosters in their parish/school database back office.
This document for members that do not sync contains a “screen shot” presentation of the complete entry process, including how to register your teams, add coaches and athletes, where to enter team blackout dates, print team rosters and invoices, print the CYO Fee Summary Form, as well as other important registration information.
SportsPilot Sync Members
- Sync member parish/schools contract directly with SportsPilot, phone: 844-375-2648.
- They have online parent registration.
- They create their teams in their back office database with their SportsPilot username and password.
- They access their parish database sync portal and set up team registration to sync and download data to the CYO Athletic Office.
This document for members that sync contains a “screen shot” presentation of the complete entry process, including how to register your teams, add coaches and athletes, where to enter team blackout dates, print team rosters and invoices, print the CYO Fee Summary Form, as well as other important registration information.