Bishop Richard Lennon invites everyone in the Diocese to participate in the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy by joining together in Pilgrimage to the Diocese of Cleveland Holy Doors, and in engaging in the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy throughout the community.
Click here to visit the Diocese of Cleveland’s Year of Mercy website and to download an official pilgrimage passport. If you engage in Works of Mercy at Catholic Charities locations you may receive a “Worker of Mercy” sticker, which may also be placed in your Passports (pages 8 through 21.)
Fill out our Volunteer Application or view our open service positions in the menu on this page to get started or consider collecting some of the urgent wish list needs listed below.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Collect Wish List Items for Our Programs:
Disability Services is hoping for items used at summer camp.
- Grill for camp-could be a Foreman grill!
- Grill utensils
- 10 Storage Bins for arts and craft supplies
- Room divider (3-4 panel)
Emergency Assistance Services:
All Sites need new sample or individual size toiletry items.
- Feminine Hygiene products
- Disposable razors
Bishop Cosgrove Center is hoping for art supplies that guests can use in the new art center.
- Acrylic Paint
- Art brushes
- Sponge brushes
- Colored pencils
- Sketching pencils (graphite)
- Drawing paper
- Oil pastels
- Tabletop paper trimmer
- Glue (Elmer’s, silicone, glue gun and glue sticks)
- Acrylic matte medium
- Tape (scotch, masking, duct)
- Scissors (straight edge)
- Gift cards to local craft stores
Lorain Family Center is hoping for operational items used for guest meals.
- Disposable plates –Styrofoam or paper
- Small Styrofoam bowls
- Disposable silverware
- Plastic drinking cups
- Toilet paper
Migration and Refugee Services
- Pots and pans (include at least 1 saucepan)
- Kitchen utensils (spatula, spoons, knives)
- Can openers
- Baby items
- Linens (bath towels especially needed)
- Alarm clocks
- Mop, broom and dustpans
- Personal hygiene items
- Food (non perishable)