“When we can see God reflected in all that exists, our hearts are moved to praise the Lord for all his creatures and to worship God in union with them.” (#87)
Celebrating and Living “Laudato Si’”:
2nd Anniversary Observance!
This month, Laudato Si’: On Care for Our Common Hometurns two! How has Laudato Si’ inspired you and deepened your life in Christ in your care for our common home and for the poor? Consider sharing that inspiration among family, parish, or at work.
To celebrate this anniversary, Catholic Climate Covenant features five Catholics who share how Laudato Si’ inspires them to care for creation and the poor, starting with:
- Fr. Hyacinth, St. Dominic’s Church (Wash., DC) shares his story here.
- Carolyn Thele, a Staff Assistant at Catholic Climate Covenant, shares how God inspired her through Laudato Si’ to pursue her life’s work.
On this anniversary, celebrate with us the diocesan people, parishes and schools making Laudato Si’ a reality. Below are timely resources to celebrate Laudato Si’!
Laudato Si’ Resources for your family, parish or school: The WAM Catholic Commission can assist with resources, programs and ideas for your parish or school. Contact Jeff Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-263-6176.
To celebrate Laudato Si’s 2nd anniversary, reply with your own Laudato Si’/care for God’s creation inspiring story:
- How has Laudato Si’ inspired you/your family to care for God’s creation and the poor?
- How has Laudato Si’ inspired your parish/school to care for God’s creation and the poor?
- What new plans/projects do you (or your family, parish, or school) have this summer, or in the next year, to live Laudato Si’s call to care for God’s creation and the poor?
- “I (heart) Laudato Si’” photo campaign: Take a selfie with a sheet of paper reading “I (heart) Laudato Si’” with your parish or school name included and send to: Jeff Campbell, Diocesan Social Action Office, at email@example.com (NOTE: Youth 18 or under must have their parents’ or guardian’s permission to submit a photo, and must identify being 18 or under in their email. Otherwise, photos containing minors only and no parent/guardian cannot be used.)
Some inspiring-story examples:
- Holy Family Parish (Stow), St. Christopher Parish (Rocky River), and the Dominican Associates of Akron hosted excellent Feast of St. Francis programs this past Fall.
- St. Mary Parish (Painesville), St. Christopher (Rocky River) and several other parishes hosted Laudato Si’ book discussion groups and discerned ways that individual parishioners and the parish can faithfully respond.
To host a session or mini-retreat on Laudato Si’/care for God’s creation, contact: Your county Catholic Commission office, or contact Jeff Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (330) 263-6176.
“Let us sing as we go. May our struggles and our concern for this planet never take away the joy of our hope.” (#244)