“Our purpose is to promote the Church’s teaching on global solidarity in order to strengthen our Gospel call to international peace and justice for God’s people around the world.”
Who we are:
- A collaboration between the Diocesan Social Action Office and Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- A Diocesan forum and planning group for discerning the call to global solidarity
- Catholics who seek a just & peaceful world
To Inspire… greater awareness and actions from Catholics in the Diocese on issues such as:
- poverty & international debt/debt relief
- immigration & refugees
- development & foreign aid
- human rights
- fair trade & corporate responsibility
- stewardship of the environment
To Join… CRS and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in more effectively advancing their policy recommendations.
To Integrate… the educational resources of CRS into the work of the Diocesan Social Action Office, diocesan offices, parishes, and schools.
To Provide Opportunities… for youth and young adults to take leadership in building global solidarity.
We work toward these Objectives in the following ways:
- Empowering local Catholics to learn about and become involved in Global Solidarity through activities, events and experiences.
- Engaging parishioners and international Catholics to build community and relationships rooted in a spirit of solidarity through local collaboration and international parish & school partnerships.
- Witnessing to Christ’s example & our Church’s tradition of “one human family” by providing parishes and schools with prayer resources & formation materials based on Catholic Social Teaching.
- Advocating with and on behalf of our sisters & brothers from other countries based on Catholic Social Teaching and the Church’s “preferential option for the poor”.
Learn more about Immigration Reform and our Catholic response
We are always looking to add more members to our Council! If you are interested in joining the Diocesan Council on Global Solidarity, contact us at: (LINK to Contact Page)