Availability: 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Fees: There are no fees for this program.
Catholic Charities works with families who wish to provide loving homes for infants, children and teens on a temporary basis for varying lengths of time. Foster families are very special; they provide support in a child’s life until he or she can be reunited with their biological family.
Our Foster Parent & Special Needs Adoption Pre-Service Training will begin with orientation on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 6:00 pm.
If you would like more information on how you can become a foster parent, CALL 440.843.5559 TODAY!
Becoming a Foster Parent
- Must be 21 years of age
- Attend Catholic Charities Foster Parent Orientation
- Complete Pre-Service Training
- All household members 18 and over complete State of Ohio and FBI background check
- All household members 18 and over complete County and State abuse/neglect background check
- Medical exams for all household members
- Must have income sufficient to meet the needs of your own household
- Homestudy interview
Foster Parent Supports
- Case Management/Home Visits
- Foster Care staff available 24/7
- Crisis Intervention
- Respite Care
- Foster Care Support Groups Available
- Reimbursement for care of child(ren)
Foster Parent Qualities
- Sense of humor