Three Ways To Register
- Download and print the registration forms below
- By Mail: Call 216-334-2963 or 216-334-2997 and ask for a registration packet to be mailed to you.
- Pick up a registration packet at our office. You may come to our office at 7911 Detroit Ave. (Disability Services office is on the ground floor of St. Augustine Health Ministries) Mondays-Fridays, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm to pick up a registration packet. But please call or email first to be sure we are in the office.
Three Ways to Return your Registration
- Drop it off at 7911 Detroit Ave., Cleveland 44102. If we are not here, put paperwork in an envelope marked Camp Happiness/Marilyn Scott
- Scan/email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fax it to our secure line at 216-334-2905
- Mail it to: Disability Services Camp Happiness 7911 Detroit Ave., Cleveland, OH 44102
The following are for your information:
Registration Packet (print out forms 1-7 for registration):
- Application. Please complete both pages and be sure to check the boxes on the back regarding criteria and privacy practices.
- Medical. This must be completed and signed by a licensed physician, physicians assistant or nurse practitioner and must be current. Medical forms need to be complete and on file in our office before any camper is accepted to camp. All medicals must be completed on our form only. Exceptions may be made on an individual basis.
- Medication. Complete this form for medications taken only during camp hours – 9:30am to 3:00pm. For prescription medication a Doctor must complete and sign this form. For non-prescription (over the counter) medication, the Parent/Guardian must complete and sign as well. It is VERY IMPORTANT that we have up to date information on medication. If a camper is taking more than one medication that is to be distributed during camp hours ~ a separate form is to be completed. Make copies if need be.
- Health History. This form contains important information that our staff should know about the camper. The Parent/Guardian can complete this form. Sign page two at the bottom.
- Release forms. The first release is the “Photo/Video Release” and is optional for you to sign. The second is titled “Authorization Form/Waiver of Liability and Release” – this includes the Permission to Participate and Waiver of Liability and Release & the Authorization for Medical and/or Emergency Treatment and Release. These MUST be signed.
- Transportation. Complete ONLY if you need transportation and are a resident of Cuyahoga Counties. Families are encouraged to provide their own transportation as this will help us with the cost of camp.
- Free Lunch Application. You may think you do not qualify for free lunches, but if 50% of the campsite IS eligible, then everyone receives a FREE lunch. So please fill this form out and SIGN appropriate section. ***Complete Part 1 if the camper receives SNAP (food stamps), Ohio Works First (OWF) or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR). You must provide your identification number and a signature.***Complete Part 2 if you do not receive SNAP, OWF or FDPIR. List names of ALL household members and income by source. The adult completing this section must sign and provide last 4 digits of social security number.
Financial Assistance Information
There are many options for financial assistance. You will find below detailed information on the “Financial Assistance Options” page about Medicaid Waiver and CCBDD. If your child is on the Level One or IO Waiver, you must use those funds for camp.
A $50 non-refundable registration fee must be sent with your application. This fee applies to everyone, excluding those using their Waiver, and will be credited toward the cost of camp. In addition, you must have a $0 balance from any previous year. If you have a balance, send payment to our office ASAP or call to set up a payment plan. A balance will hold up acceptance.
The Terms–Cancellations and Refunds
Camp Happiness operates on a first come first serve basis. When necessary we do maintain a waiting list. However, we reserve the right to cancel any program at any site due to lack of enrollment or interest. If Camp Happiness cancels the program, either an alternate site will be offered or all fees paid will be refunded. You are financially responsible for all weeks registered. If you should need to cancel a week, at least two weeks notification is required. Failure to notify the office by phone, email or fax at least two weeks prior to the scheduled camp session will result in your financial responsibility for that week. You can call the office at 216-334-2963; email or fax to 216-334-2905.
YOU MUST MAKE ALL CANCELLATIONS OR CHANGES through the office or you will be held financially responsible for that week.
REFUNDS: There will be no refunds given after the two week deadline except for uncontrollable circumstances. All requests for refunds must be in writing, and include a description of the reason and circumstances for the request. A doctor’s note is required for multiple day absences. If a refund is granted, Catholic Charities will refund all fees less a $50 fee. Weeks will not be prorated for days missed.
We will provide transportation to those who really need it. Please consider providing your own transportation if you can, as this will really help us with our cost of camp. Because of the decrease in funding from the Cuyahoga County Board of DD, we will no longer offer a transportation discount.
It is very important that the designated person is at the pick-up address when the camper is being dropped off. The transportation company cannot wait for someone to come home – this just delays the other campers from getting home in a timely manner.
- Please read: The transportation company will attempt to drop the camper off, if no one is home, all other campers will be dropped off. The Transportation Company will make every effort to contact the parents and emergency contacts during this time. If at the end of the route no one can be contacted, the camper will be taken to the local police station.
- Marilyn Scott, Program Director – 216-334-2963 or email
- Rosana Camargo, Camp Coordinator – 216-334-2997 or email
Last Update to the website was March 5, 2018