Welcome to the Diocese of Cleveland CYO Spring 2018 Sports Season. Please refer to the program section of the website for sport specific information.
SPRING IMPORTANT DATES
- February 1 Registration opens
- February 15 Coaches Development Program
- February 17-18 Dick’s Sporting Goods CYO Shop Day
- February 25-3/5 Spring Sport Coaches Clinics
- March 1 Spring Season Opens, practices may begin
- Early Registration ends
- Coaches Development Program
- March 4 ERF’s and Merger applications due
- Regular registration ends
- March 6 Spring season team registration deadline
- Late Registration ends
- March 6-8 Spring season coaches meetings – all sports
- March 7 Team confirmation and payments due
- March 8 Last date to enter teams’ blackouts
- March 13-15 Spring season site director meetings
- March 13-14 Volleyball Scorer trainings
- March 14 Spring season volleyball and track & field schedules
available on website
- March 16 Track & field roster submission deadline for regular fee
- Last day to drop track & field athletes for refund
- March 20-21 Track & field staff trainings
- March 21 Spring season baseball, softball, flag football and
lacrosse schedules available on website
- March 23 Deadline to register volleyball and track & field
athletes and coaches on rosters online
- March 24 Coaches Development Program
- Regular season trach & field and volleyball competition begins
- April 6 Deadline to register baseball, softball, flag football, and lacrosse athletes and coaches on rosters online.
- Last day to add to the track & field, volleyball rosters to meet minimum numbers
- April 7 Regular season baseball, softball, flag football and lacrosse competition begins
- April 20 Last day to add to baseball, softball, flag football and lacrosse rosters to meet minimum numbers
- April 21-22 Parents’ day at the games
- April 29 Team Mass Sunday
- May 12-24 Diocese of Cleveland CYO Spring Championships
- May 27 Spring Season Closes
Eligibility Request Forms (ERF)
- Athletes from another member parish/school need meet the eligibility requirements of By-law 3 and have an approved ERF to participate on your team. Visit our Eligibility Center page for ERF forms and information.
- Athletes submitted on an ERF may NOT participate in a practice or game without an approval of CYO. Work on the premise that ERF’s are not automatically approved.
- It is the responsibility of the member Athletic Director to submit completed forms by the deadline date. Remember to work on the premise that ERF’s are not automatically approved.
Appointing and Training Coaches
- Appointing a qualified and age appropriate teacher for your teams is a vital responsibility for every member Athletic Director. Remember the coach can touch the young lives of their players in a positive and negative way. Please be responsible when making these choices.
- Each head coach is expected to attend a preseason coach’s meeting. Inform them of the date, time, and location of the meetings. Coaches may attend any of the meetings. Updated rules and policies will be presented at the meeting. In addition, season stickers will be distributed and your coaches won’t want to miss the Pedagogy session!
- A coach may only be the head coach of one team per season.
- Visit the Coaches Development Program page to review the requirements to be a CYO Coach. When appointing your coaches, all head and assistant coaches must have credentials in order to coach and must meet the age requirement as outlined in the Charter & Bylaws.
Members that manually register in SportsPilot only use the link below to access the on-line registration window. Sync members must register through their sync portal URL link that SportsPilot sent you when your sync database was created.
All members must sign in using your CYO assigned member athletic director username (i. e. Joe Smith AD2018) in order to register your teams, coaches and athletes. This is done so you do not overwrite your member athletic director record. Simply find the program you wish to register and its division and submit your information. Reference the Team Registration Help Tab for Non-Sync and Sync member step-by-step instructions.
- To complete the “Team Strength” when registering 7th and 8th grade teams. A is the highest, AA is average and B is the lowest.
- To include the Number of Players by Grade. This helps us to place your team in the correct conference. Please remember to fill out the number of athletes by grade. For grade three, list this information in the notes section.
- To enter the dates a team cannot play by the entry deadline. The “Team Blackout” dates must be entered electronically into the team profile. Remember team blackout dates may not be honored during the playoffs.
- If you “Sync” your teams, please do not wait until the last minute to complete the task, and be careful that your team name is in the approved format.
- When adding athletes, give special attention to physical exam dates that may expire during the season. Exams are valid for 13 months from the date of the exam, please make sure athletes always have a current physical.
It is very important the you enter your teams properly into the SportsPilot registration software. If you need help registering your teams, reference the documents below, or call 216.334.1261 ext 14.