Welcome to the Diocese of Cleveland CYO Spring 2017 Sports Season. Please refer to the program section of the website for sport specific information.
SPRING IMPORTANT DATES
- February 6 Spring Season Registration Opens
- February 25-26 Dick’s Sporting Goods CYO Shop Day
- March 1 Spring Season Begins, Practices May Begin
- March 1 Early Discount Registration Ends
- March 3 Eligibility Request Forms and Merger Applications Due
- March 3 Regular Registration Period Ends
- March 4-12 Player’s & Coach’s Clinics
- March 5 Late Registration Period Ends
- March 5 Team Registration Deadline & Payments Due
- March 6 All Coaches Must Be Entered on Rosters
- March 6 All Blackout Dates Entered
- March 7-9 Coach’s Meetings – All Sports
- March 10 Track & Field Roster Submission deadline for Regular Fee
- March 13-14 Spring Sports Site Directors and Volleyball Scorer Training
- March 15 Track & Field & Volleyball Sports Schedules On Website
- March 17 Deadline to Enter Players & Coaches on Rosters – Rosters Close
- March 17 Last Day to Drop Track & Field Athletes for a Refund
- March 21-23 Track & Field Staff Trainings
- March 22 Baseball, Softball and Flag Football Sports Schedules On Website
- March 15 Track & Field & Volleyball Spring Sports Schedules On Website
- March 25 Volleyball & Track & Field Competitions Begin
- March 25 Final Day to Submit Eligibility Request Forms
- April 7 Last Day to Add to Flag Football, Volleyball, & Track & Field Rosters
- to Meet Minimum Number
- April 8 Flag Football, Baseball, Softball Competitions Begin
- April 13-16 Easter Break – No competitions can be scheduled
- April 14 Last Day to Add to Baseball, Softball & Flag Football Rosters
- to Meet Minimum Number
- April 17 Bishop Roger Gries CYO Good Shepherd Fund Application Deadline
- April 22-23 Parent’s Days at the Games
- April 30 Team Mass Sunday
- May 13-May 25 Diocese of Cleveland CYO Spring Sports Championship
- May 28 Spring Season Ends
Eligibility Request Forms (ERF)
- Athletes from another member parish/school need meet the eligibility requirements of By-law 3 and have an approved ERF to participate on your team. Visit our Eligibility Center page for ERF forms and information.
- Athletes submitted on an ERF may NOT participate in a practice or game without an approval of CYO. Work on the premise that ERF’s are not automatically approved.
- It is the responsibility of the member Athletic Director to submit completed forms by the deadline date. Remember to work on the premise that ERF’s are not automatically approved.
Appointing and Training Coaches
- Appointing a qualified and age appropriate teacher for your teams is a vital responsibility for every member Athletic Director. Remember the coach can touch the young lives of their players in a positive and negative way. Please be responsible when making these choices.
- Each head coach is expected to attend a preseason coach’s meeting. Inform them of the date, time, and location of the meetings. Coaches may attend any of the meetings. Updated rules and policies will be presented at the meeting. In addition, season stickers will be distributed and your coaches won’t want to miss the Pedagogy session!
- A coach may only be the head coach of one team per season.
- Visit the Coaches Development Program page to review the requirements to be a CYO Coach. When appointing your coaches, all head and assistant coaches must have credentials in order to coach and must meet the age requirement as outlined in the Charter & Bylaws.
Members that manually register in SportsPilot only use the link below to access the on-line registration window. Sync members must register through their sync portal URL link that SportsPilot sent you when your sync database was created.
All members must sign in using your CYO assigned member athletic director username (i. e. Joe Smith AD2017) in order to register your teams, coaches and athletes. This is done so you do not overwrite your member athletic director record. Simply find the program you wish to register and its division and submit your information. Reference the Team Registration Help Tab for Non-Sync and Sync member step-by-step instructions.
- To complete the “Team Strength” when registering Youth and Intermediate teams. A is the highest, AA is average and B is the lowest.
- To include the Number of Players by Grade. This helps us to place your team in the correct conference. Please remember to fill out the number of athletes by grade. For grade three, list this information in the notes section.
- To enter the dates a team cannot play by the entry deadline. The “Blackout” dates must be entering electronically into the team profile. Remember blackout dates may not be honored during the playoffs.
- If you “Sync” your teams, please do not wait until the last minute to complete the task, and be careful that your team name is in the approved format.
- When adding athletes, give special attention to physical exam dates that may expire during the season. Exams are valid for 13 months from the date of the exam, please make sure athletes always have a current physical.
It is very important the you enter your teams properly into the SportsPilot registration software. If you need help registering your teams, reference the documents below, or call 216.334.1261 ext 14.