Officiating for CYO Athletics is an important aspect of the program. Officials play a vital role in the quality of a player’s experience; they are an important contributor to the development of young men and women.
Because of this role, every official is expected to be a person of good character and integrity, free of any personal bias. CYO Officials are knowledgeable of all CYO and sport specific rules and must be able to enforce these rules fairly as well as encouraging good sportsmanship. Officials must represent the Mission, Values and Philosophy of CYO through their professional attire, presence, and interaction with coaches, staff and spectators. Officials are expected to conduct themselves according to the Code of Ethics guidelines.
All contest officials assigned to regular season, tournament competitions and sanctioned events must be certified by an organization approved by the CYO Athletic Administration. All officials assigned to CYO competitions must be registered with the CYO Athletic Office according to the administrative procedures determined by CYO.
2018 CYO Assigners:
Information will be posted by season.
Officials are registered by the CYO assigners into ArbiterSports.com. Once an assigner registers an official into ArbiterSports, the official will be sent a welcome letter and additional information and instruction. After an assigner has registered an official in ArbiterSports, each official must create an ArbiterPay account in order to receive payment for games worked. Use this link for more information and easy instructions to set up an ArbiterPay account.
For the latest announcements and updates in Arbiter, please visit ArbiterSports.com
High school age or older boys and girls who wish to learn more about officiating or interested in becoming an official for CYO volleyball, basketball, flag football, track and field or soccer can get trained through the CYO Officials Academy. Training classes are conducted in Akron by a variety of college and high school officials. Upon completion of training, these individuals may be assigned to games or matches for grades 3-5.
For more information about the Officials Academy, contact the following:
- Basketball – Vic Rosato Information on the Basketball Officials Academy will be posted in the future.
- Volleyball – Vic Rosato Information on the Volleyball Officials Academy training dates will be posted in the future.
- Flag Football – Vic Rosato Information on the Flag Football Officials Academy training dates will be posted in the future.
- Soccer – Vic Rosato Information on the Soccer Officials Academy training dates will be posted in the future.
- Baseball – Vic Rosato Information on the Baseball Officials Academy training dates will be posted in the future.
- Track and Field – Vic Rosato Information on the Track and Field Officials Academy training dates will be posted in the future.
It takes a special person to be an official. If you would like to officiate in CYO Athletics, please contact an Assigner.